WHY GREENLAB SKIVE
GreenLab is a green and circular industrial park, technology enabler and research facility in Skive, Denmark. Here, sustainable energy is generated and supplied to the park’s companies in the form that suits them best. The energy is then transformed into heat, electrofuels, and other green products. In the energy park, everything will in the future be connected by the so-called SymbiosisNet – an intelligent network of energy and data that enables companies to share their surplus energy and resources.
The SymbiosisNet will not only be connected to all entities at GreenLab Skive, but it will also have a direct connection to 80 MW renewable energy generated onsite and to the national 150kV TSO grid. This allows for system services and balancing and P2P connection to further renewable sites.
The industrial park currently consists of five companies:
- GreenLab Skive Biogas is a large biogas plant with an organic and conventional line.
- Quantafuel is a Norwegian company working with the chemical recycling of plastic.
- Stiesdal is a climate technology company working with SkyClean technology to turn biomass into biochar and green fuels.
- Vestjyllands Andel’s Starfish Factory produces protein for animal feed based on locally sourced starfish.
- Nomi4 is a municipal waste handling facility and resource centre.
For these unique characteristics, GreenLab Skive has been chosen as a demonstration site for the GreenHyScale project and is currently preparing to host Europe’s first operational commercial-scale hydrogen production Power-to-X facility.